This Policy applies to the users of the website of the Abu Dhabi School of Government (ADSG).
ADSG may modify this Policy from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. When we make changes to this Policy, we will revise its date. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed about how ADSG is protecting your information.
By providing personal information to us (including through the use of our websites), you acknowledge you have read this Policy and, to the extent your consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information by ADSG and any third-party recipients in accordance with this Policy.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. By 'personal information' we mean names, addresses, email addresses, and any other personal information you voluntarily provide, for example by completing an online questionnaire, or by joining our network.
We also collect some personal information automatically when you browse our websites, such as your IP address and details of the pages that you have visited.
What personal information do we process
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our websites or when you contact or request information from ADSG. The personal information that we process will include:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person;
- Contact information, such as your address, email address and phone number(s);
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our websites or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically;
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events (including dietary and access requirements);
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include sensitive personal data; or
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we obtain personal data
- Below are some examples of how you may provide to and we may obtain personal information from you:
- As part of our business processes including business acceptance, finance, administration and marketing processes, including anti-money laundering, conflict, reputational and financial checks;
- Registering for events and conferences;
- Contacting us for further information;
- Providing us with other contact information.
How we use personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Conduct administrative or operational processes within our business;
- Process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received by you;
- Provide services requested by you (including the performance of our contractual obligations to you);
- Identify services you may be interested in;
- Communicate with you about our services;
- Invite you to events;
- Monitor and analyse our business;
- Form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve our services and/or products that may be of interest to you and to carry out market research;
- To conduct quality and risk management reviews;
- To understand how people use the features and functions of our websites in order to improve the user experience; an
- Send you marketing materials.
By using any of our websites, you agree that we can place cookies on your device. If you want to restrict or block any of the above cookies, you should do this through the web browser settings for each browser you use and on each device you use to access the Internet.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device, preferences and generally help to improve your online experience.
As you navigate through and interact with our websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our websites, including traffic data, location data and information about the resources that you access and use on our websites; and
- General non-personal statistical data about your operating system and browser type.
- Collecting this data helps us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our websites according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to any of our websites.
We will not keep any cookies placed on the device from which you access any of our websites longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information may not be kept for longer than 1 year.
External Websites/Social Media
Some links are available for registered users (LMS), inappropriate users are prohibited and attempts to access data from another user is prohibited.
We have implemented measures to ensure that all (ADSG) offices and affiliated entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the specified purposes about which we have informed you. To the best of our ability, access to your personal information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We use a variety of security, technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss with applicable data protection laws. Despite (ADSG) best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to try to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
This document is protected and interpreted as per the laws of UAE and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and disputes arising will be settled by Abu Dhabi courts.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Our retention periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and (ADSG) business purposes.
English and Arabic version of the site
Information on the website will be published in both Arabic and English. In case of a dispute over versions, the Arabic text shall prevail.
If you have any questions in relation to this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org